Home

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Masking Fluid Resist

Finally, I am able to upload a photo and can share this card I made for my nephew's birthday several days ago.  I used the Masking Fluid Resist technique on my card. Basically, your flick Masking Fluid onto your card stock, let it dry completely, stamp your image in it's lightest color, sponge in the lightest color, and keep repeating these three steps, using a darker shade of ink each time.  When you are done stamping and sponging, you rub off the dried Masking Fluid to reveal the base color card stock (here it is white).  I love the artistic outcome!




My shades of green, from light to dark, are mustard seed, crushed olive, peeled paint, and forest moss,  Distress Inks.

After I heat embossed the butterflies in black, I colored them with a gold glitter pen and covered with Glossy Accents.


 

12 comments:

Lorraine said...

Absolutely beautiful. I had masking fluid on my shopping list but I couldn't remember what for. Thanks for the inspiration.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just totally adore this effect! This is stunning!!

Traci M said...

This is beautiful, Charlene! So wonderful to see you stamping and sharing! Never heard of masking fluid.

Stef H said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! sure doesn't sound easy. but you rocked it!

hope all is well.

hugs :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, this is a phenomenal work of art, Charlene, that is worthy of framing! Tell you nephew I said so! Have a great weekend!

Sabrina said...

Charlene - that's just beautiful! You've inspired me to give this technique another go (or two, given how unsuccessful my first attempt was).
Both the background and butterflies look beautiful.

Thank you too for my lovely happy mail!

shayaankhan said...

Title:
Best Revenue sharing with the High Returns Investment

Content:
Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
For More Details click the link below:

Web Link:
http://whatacash.com
Display Name: whatacashwaqar

Julie Steed said...

This is beautiful! I've never heard of this technique but it sounds like fun.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love the colors, my favoite and that technique is awesome
bibiana

Katie Sims said...

This is gorgeous, Charlene! What you were able to achieve here with ink and paper is nothing short of breathtaking!

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMGosh....this is stunning....so happy I dropped by to see if you have posted...what a wonderful surprise to be greeted by this masterpiece....so tell me, where did you find the masking fluid??? I did find it online, but the s/h was too high....

Trena inNaperville said...

Love this one!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!